An on-the-job fatality is a tremendous loss that can take an enormous emotional, physical and financial toll on employers, fellow employees and families.
When a fatal event occurs, we assemble a support team immediately after you report the claim. There are several things employers will need to consider and we have captured them in a single place for you. From initial emergency response to managing media involvement, the Employer's Guide to Fatal Incidents walks you through step-by-step advice that answers vital questions and provides compassionate support during a tragic time.
You'll find comprehensive guidance that includes the following topics:
- What to do immediately following a fatal accident
- When to seek legal counsel
- How to prepare for an OSHA investigation
- Tips for managing employee grief
- How to handle potential media involvement
To file a claim or for questions, call us at 303.361.4000.